1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 10-24-2013, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First Drive: Nissan Micra

First Drive: Nissan Micra - BT

It offers decent acceleration for the supermini class, covering 0-62mph in 11.3 seconds, and its supercharger gives it a reasonable turn of speed for dealing with motorways and overtaking slower traffic.
The supercharger suffers none of the expected whine associated with this technology and both 1.2-litre engines are refined at all speeds.
There's some characteristic thrum from the three-cylinder motors, but it's a pleasant noise.
Road and wind noise suppression are not quite up to the best in class, but the Micra does a sterling job of smoothing out crumbling urban tarmac.
At higher speeds, the Nissan is not as agile as a Ford Fiesta, but it deals with corners efficiently and demands little of its driver on any journey.
This is what Nissan Micras have being doing since the car was launched more than three decades ago and the revised model carries on that no-nonsense, no hassle tradition.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 PM
a2b

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
this is the first time im hearing of a compact like this with a supercharger, usually it's turbo. i think the supercharger will be better as it provides instant power, no need to spool up.

post #3 of 12 Old 11-05-2013, 03:46 PM

Sounds like the Micra gets a really smooth ride, which is exactly what the people looking for this vehicle would want. Acceleration is acceptable. Too bad about the noise insulation not being so good, but you can't win on everything. I wonder how the Micra would do head to head against the Ford Fiesta.
a2b likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-06-2013, 01:13 PM
a2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esrever View Post
Sounds like the Micra gets a really smooth ride, which is exactly what the people looking for this vehicle would want. Acceleration is acceptable. Too bad about the noise insulation not being so good, but you can't win on everything. I wonder how the Micra would do head to head against the Ford Fiesta.
thats the problem with small cheap cars like this, there will always be more noise flooding the cabin, road noise, engine noise, etc.

I don't see Nissan doing anything about it, they shouldn't, it will just cause them to raise the price.

post #5 of 12 Old 11-07-2013, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

I do wonder if its possible to tune more power out of that supercharger by changing the pulley.

post #6 of 12 Old 11-07-2013, 01:48 PM
a2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by abide View Post
I do wonder if its possible to tune more power out of that supercharger by changing the pulley.
it's very possible, even more possible to tune and rework other area's of the engine to get more power and fuel efficiency but they probably want to save that for future production years. they cant put all their eggs in one basket

post #7 of 12 Old 11-08-2013, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

post #8 of 12 Old 11-08-2013, 12:19 PM
a2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by abide View Post
thinking about this topic reminds me of this lol

Skunk2/Kraftwerks Fit Eats BMW M5 - YouTube
that's pretty sad, but the M3 is a pig meanwhile the Fit is lighter and probably has a better power to weight ratio which helps a lot. Plus a good driver helps.

post #9 of 12 Old 11-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2b View Post
thats the problem with small cheap cars like this, there will always be more noise flooding the cabin, road noise, engine noise, etc.

I don't see Nissan doing anything about it, they shouldn't, it will just cause them to raise the price.
It seems to me that many people would rather deal with the Micra's noise insulation problems than pay the extra however much more it would cost. You can always turn up the tunes to drown out the road noise anyways.
post #10 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 06:19 PM
a2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esrever View Post
It seems to me that many people would rather deal with the Micra's noise insulation problems than pay the extra however much more it would cost. You can always turn up the tunes to drown out the road noise anyways.
Yup, everyone will agree to that. This is supposed to be a super cheap car. If there's anything that raises the price, it has to be worth while.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page