1Likes
  • 1 Post By evilbred

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-27-2014, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
a2b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Nissan Micra Out-The-Door Price, What did you pay?

Post and compare your out the door price on the Nissan Micra in this thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-26-2014, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
$12,800 all in, absolute stock base model S.

Numbers worked out as follows:

$9245 for the car
$499 "Branding Registration" - (Veh Registration, vehicle setup, mech inspection)
$150 "Oil changes for life" package (basically just bring it it for free oil changes whenever)
$1400 Freight Delivery
$28.45 Tire Stewartship
$5 OMVIC Fee
$1 Some sort of vehicle fee
_________

$11,328 sub total
$12,800 tax incl.

I have a sinking suspicion they were a couple vehicles short of a dealer incentive milestone. I shopped the price against other dealers said they were assuming it was $12,800 plus tax and they could beat that. When I told them it was tax included they told me my dealer was definitely taking about a $500-$600 loss on it.
Maybe they expected me to go for the electronic rust device or VIN etching? Their financing on that model is a ridiculous 5.79% over 48-60 months. There's definitely margin there too. I paid cash instead.

Best part is they let me pay $2000 via credit card, meaning I essentially stole another $40 cash back from them.

Remember, year end incentives are coming up for dealers, which means they will start giving cars away for near cost (or in this case, below cost) in order to meet goals that gain them big bucks in manufacturer incentives.
a2b likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-11-2015, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
a2b

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbred View Post
$12,800 all in, absolute stock base model S.

Numbers worked out as follows:

$9245 for the car
$499 "Branding Registration" - (Veh Registration, vehicle setup, mech inspection)
$150 "Oil changes for life" package (basically just bring it it for free oil changes whenever)
$1400 Freight Delivery
$28.45 Tire Stewartship
$5 OMVIC Fee
$1 Some sort of vehicle fee
_________

$11,328 sub total
$12,800 tax incl.

I have a sinking suspicion they were a couple vehicles short of a dealer incentive milestone. I shopped the price against other dealers said they were assuming it was $12,800 plus tax and they could beat that. When I told them it was tax included they told me my dealer was definitely taking about a $500-$600 loss on it.
Maybe they expected me to go for the electronic rust device or VIN etching? Their financing on that model is a ridiculous 5.79% over 48-60 months. There's definitely margin there too. I paid cash instead.

Best part is they let me pay $2000 via credit card, meaning I essentially stole another $40 cash back from them.

Remember, year end incentives are coming up for dealers, which means they will start giving cars away for near cost (or in this case, below cost) in order to meet goals that gain them big bucks in manufacturer incentives.
Year end incentives are what I always wait for.

My first time buying a brand new vehicle I was never aware of such things.

It really helps to have patience and wait for the key time of the year where you can leverage the power of timing and the sense of urgency at the dealer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-12-2015, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2b View Post
Year end incentives are what I always wait for.

My first time buying a brand new vehicle I was never aware of such things.

It really helps to have patience and wait for the key time of the year where you can leverage the power of timing and the sense of urgency at the dealer
i almost always aim to never pay MSRP or a penny more

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page